Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Farmer's Market Veggies = Delicious Fajitas

This weekend at the farmers market, I bought slew of veggies to cook with!!! (excuse my late post on this topic as my internet is lame and didn't work yesterday) On Saturday night I made bruschetta for dinner. It was to die for! We had also picked up a loaf of focaccia bread so we just threw it in the oven on broil for about 5 minutes and it was ready to go! YUM! Don't you just love fresh veggies in the summer?! There is no better combination!
On Sunday night I made cilantro and lime fajitas and some pico de gallo. And what compliments a mexican dish better than dos equis?! What a great combo! I would love to share the recipe with you all, but I don't really cook from recipes, I just throw a bunch of stuff together and taste it as it goes! So here is my sorta recipe:

Fajitas
---
diced chicken
handful of cilantro
lime (half cut into slices, other half squeezed onto chicken)
thin sliced jalapenos
thin sliced red, yellow, orange peppers
thin sliced onions

I then put them into tinfoil and onto the grill for about 10-15 minutes!

Pico de gallo
---
diced onion
diced tomato
handful of cilantro
minced garlic
diced jalapenos

All into a food processor separately and then into a bowl to mix together!

I have found that I really enjoy cooking more if I just have a basic recipe to work from and then cater to my own taste buds!

No comments: